The training division is a leader in the development and delivery of innovative training programs that enhance school safety and security; as well as, providing law enforcement related training to Brownsville ISD police officers, service personnel, and law enforcement officers from other agencies. The training, provided through an agreement with the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement, saves the District money by utilizing the department's own certified instructors.
You must be a TCOLE Commissioned Peace Officer, and or Reserve Peace Officer with an agency within the State of Texas. If you are currently working, and you are not sure where to find training, you may take advantage of the free training offered by TCOLE through the My TCOLE account.
Prior to enrollment in any Brownsville ISD Police Department training program which provides instruction in defensive tactics, arrest procedures, firearms, or use of a motor vehicle for law enforcement purposes, the person must have on file written documentation that the person is currently licensed by the commission or documentation that the person is not:
- Currently charged with any criminal offense for which conviction would bar licensing:
- Has never been on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of a class B misdemeanor within the last ten years from the date of the court order:
- Has never been convicted of an offense above the grade of class B misdemeanor within the last ten years:
- Has never been convicted of any family violence offense:
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from operating a motor vehicle:
- Is not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition:
- And is a United State citizen.
Enrollment is limited to a first come first serve basis. Please register for classes prior to attending. BISD Police Training Division may cancel or postpone any course or activity due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. If you fill out the registration form, every attempt will be made to notify you if a class must be cancelled or rescheduled.
The Online Training Registration form must be submitted 14 days prior to any training.
A minimum of 5 students must be present for the course to continue.
Sgt. Edward Martinez, Training Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Email: email@example.com