Special Services News
Special Education Required Postings to LEA Websites
Student Handbook Statement
- Student Handbook Statement: English | Texas Education Agency
- Student Handbook Statement: Spanish | Texas Education Agency
- Authority: TEC, §26.0081
Texas Transition and Employment Guide
SB 139 Notice to Families
- SB 139 Notice to Families (English Version)
- SB 139 Notice to Families (Spanish Version)
- Authority: OSEP Requirement 2
IDEA, Dyslexia, MTSS, and Section 504
- Resources | Texas Education Agency - Provides families with information regarding IDEA, Dyslexia, MTSS, and Section 504.
- Authority: OSEP Requirement 3
- Compensatory Services - Sept 2021 - ENG
- Compensatory Services - Sept 2021 - SPAN
Additionally, LEAs must be sure to provide this information to families of students with disabilities without internet access in the most appropriate manner for their local communities.
- Authority: OSEP Requirement 4
Dyslexia Handbook 2021
- Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update Important Changes
- Actualización del manual de dislexia 2021
- Update all websites, materials, static resources, and information available to parents and staff to reflect the Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update.
SPEDTex Logo, Hyperlink, Description, and Contact Information
- Post on the LEA’s public-facing website, preferably on the LEA’s special education page, the logo, hyperlink, description, and contact information for SPEDTex by August 31, 2022.
- Items to be posted can be found at the bottom of the SPEDTex Educator page.
- Authority: IDEA-B Program Guidelines Requirements
- Publicly Report (recommendation to post on the LEA website) if: Significant Disproportionate (SD Year 3) and upon review any revision of policies, practices, and procedures used in the identification or placement in particular education settings, including disciplinary removals are made.
- Significant Disproportionality | Texas Education Agency
- State and Federal Activity Updates Regarding Significant Disproportionality (texas.gov)
- Authority: 34 CFR §300.646(c)