Community and Student Engagement
While there is no longer a requirement for campuses to have ratings posted for programmatic areas, all BISD campuses do monitor their progress in these areas through their Campus Improvement Plans.
House Bill 22 removed all CaSE requirements beginning with 2017-2018 and campuses are no longer required to maintain this documentation that was originally due to Texas House Bill 5. The Community and Student Engagement ratings were in 8 program areas:
- Fine Arts,
- Wellness and Physical Education,
- Community and Parental Involvement,
- 21st Century Workforce (CTE),
- Second Language Acquisition (BIL/ESL),
- Digital Learning Environment,
- Dropout Prevention Strategies, and
- Educational programs for the gifted and talented.