What is the Texas Success Initiative?
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is the statute that requires all Texas public institutions of higher education to determine the readiness of all non-exempt, entering undergraduate students to enroll in freshman-level academic courses (see TEC, 51.336). Students are able to qualify for exemption by subject area in a number of ways, including meeting college readiness benchmarks on the SAT® or ACT®, or successfully completing a high school College Preparatory Course. Undergraduate students who enter without an exemption are required to take the Texas Success Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2).
Source: College Board
What is the Texas Success Initiative Assessment?
The Texas Assessment Initiative Assessment 2.0 (TSIA2) is the assessment instrument used to determine college readiness for non-exempt students, as required by the Texas Success Initiative. TSIA2 helps determine whether you’re ready for college-level coursework in English language arts and reading (ELAR) and mathematics. These are foundational subjects for your other college coursework. The results of TSIA2, in conjunction with your academic background, goals, and interests, are used by academic advisers and counselors to place you in the appropriate courses that match your achievement level.
Source: College Board
TSIA Passing Standards
Mandatory Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
The topics listed below are covered in the PAA:
- Importance of TSIA2 in your academic career and why doing well matters
- Content of TSIA2, including sample test questions, key test preparation tools, and tips to get you ready for test day
- Information about college readiness, developmental education courses, and corequisite options
- Information about available campus and community resources, such as online tools and free workshops, that will help you prepare for TSIA2 and succeed as a college student
Currently, BISD uses The Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA). Launched date March 1, 2022.
Direct students to https://practice.accuplacer.org/login to complete the PAA. The PAA is integrated into the Accuplacer Practice App.
To access the PAA, the student must create an account for the Practice APP if one has not been previously created.
ACCUPLACER CERTIFICATE OF TEST ADMINSTRATION (ACTA)
The ACTA was designed to ensure that anyone who administers a test or is responsible for the training of those individuals who do, is familiar with the test administration guidelines and security protocols of the ACCUPLACER Program.
- Training Materials for Site Managers
- Training Materials for Proctor / Proctor-Reporter
- ACTA for High School Proctors
- F.A.Q.s about ACTA
- ACCUPLACER Program Manual
- ACCUPLACER User's Guide
- ACCUPLACER User's Guide Addendum
- ACCUPLACER Technical Manual
- ACCUPLACER Technical Manual Appendix
PROCTORING – HOW TO ADMINISTER AND RESUME A TEST SESSION Video
PRE-REGISTRATION & VOUCHER – HOW TO PRE-REGISTER STUDENTS PRIOR TO TESTING & GENERATE VOUCHERS Video
ROLES & REPORTS – THE LEVELS OF DATA ACCESS FOR USERS & THE TYPES OF REPORTS AVAILABLE Video
BEST PRACTICES – BEST PRACTICES FOR SUCCESS Video
- TSIA2 Seating Chart
- TSIA2 Restroom Log
- TSIA2 Cell Phone Oath
- TSIA2 Test Security Flyers
- Bulk Upload Template (Users)