Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline
Calls to the hotline should be made in good faith rather than to report dissatisfactions.
Your call is received by voice mail within the Internal Audit Department, who will conduct or arrange for an appropriate review or investigation of your concern. You may remain anonymous, by not disclosing your name, or you can ask that your identity be kept confidential. If you remain anonymous, it may be difficult to investigate your concern. If you ask that your identity be kept confidential, Internal Audit will protect your identity and disclose it only to the auditors or investigators assigned to review your complaint.
Call the Hotline to report:
- Illegal or fraudulent acts;
- Waste of funds;
- Misuse or theft of District property or funds.
When calling the Hotline, Please provide as much information as possible, including:
- Circumstances of the incidents noted (names, dates, times, places);
- The campus, department and individuals involved;
- Location of any available evidence (physical evidence or records);
- Names and telephone numbers of credible witnesses; and
- Caller's name and telephone number, if you chose not to remain anonymous.
Do not use the Hotline to report:
- Complaints or grievances involving wages, working conditions, discrimination, and other personnel issues. These issues should be reported in accordance with Board Policy DGBA (Local), Employee Complaints Grievances.