Risk Management / Workers Compensation
The District provides all employees with workers' compensation coverage for work-related injuries that occur in the course and scope of employment. The District is self-insured for this exposure and currently uses the services of a third party claims administrator- TriStar Risk Management. The Risk Management Office manages the workers' compensation process by assuring that:
- Employee injuries are reported timely and within the guidelines of the law
- Employees are counseled to insure they understand District procedures and statutory benefits
- Injured workers are reintegrated into workplace at the earliest medically appropriate opportunity
- Claims handling standards (statutory and contractual) are maintained
- The District is in compliance with the Workers' Compensation (DWC) rules
As part of our joint customer service model, BISD Risk Management and TriStar Risk Management, are available for any Workers' Compensation related questions or concerns.
The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) Division of Workers' Compensation (DWC) also provides free information regarding employee rights and responsibilities under the Workers' Compensation Act.
- Employer’s First Report of Injuries or Illness Form Rev 01/2020
- Workers’ Compensation Process
- 504 Network Medical Directory Rev 11/3/2022
- 504 Handbook: English
- Safety Information: English
- Division of Workers Compensation
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA)
- Texas Department of Insurance (TDI)
- TriStar Risk Management
- Division of Workers' Compensation Fraud Efforts
- Penalty for Making a False Workers' Comp Claim in Texas?
- BISD Chart of Offenses
- Video May 2, 2017 Video January 31, 2019