Health and Safety Protocols
FACE TO FACE INSTRUCTION
Before school buildings reopen, employees, parents, students and community members, the campuses must be thoroughly sanitized and all CDC guidelines, health protocols, and TEA health guidance protocols will be reviewed and implemented. The safety protocols include required and recommended protocols. Mitigation includes both recommended and required practices to reduce likely spread inside the school buildings.
Safety Protocols will be implemented for the face to face learning mode. Safety protocols are required and recommended practices.
● Required protocols will be in place In order to minimize the risks of exposure of COVID -19 for students, staff and families. These protocols are considered the minimum level of implementation and the District may not be less restrictive.
● Recommended protocols are additional strategies that schools may choose to use to minimize the spread of COVID-19. Not all recommended practices will be possible in all settings, and therefore should be tailored based on campus layout and grade level served.
ENTRY SCREENING PROTOCOLS
All employees, students, parents, and essential visitors will undergo daily screenings conducted by screening monitors within each location. The following guidelines will be implemented to ensure effective screening at start of day and based on enrollment:
500 or less: 5 Monitors
1000 or less: 10 Monitors
2000 or less: 15 monitors
2500 or more: 20 monitors
When asking individuals if they have symptoms of COVID-19, administrative staff or district nurses must only require the individual to provide a “yes” or “no” answer to the overall statement that they are symptomatic for COVID-19, as opposed to asking the individual for specific symptom confirmation. Additionally, as per TEA guidelines, school districts are not entitled to collect information during screening on the specific health information of an individual beyond that they are symptomatic. Screening questions can be found on page 34.
If the screening yields a “yes” response to any symptom questionnaire, the employee will be sent home and a student will be escorted to a holding room until the parent or guardian is able to pick them up. If the employee or students tests positive, they will need to meet the criteria for re-entry. All of the questionnaires will be destroyed for the employee who has been cleared to re-enter the school building.
● Temperature checks and symptom questionnaires will be done in the morning, prior to entering the building.
● Students that are displaying symptoms will not be allowed to enter the classroom and will be escorted to the holding room.
FACULTY AND STAFF
● Teachers/Staff are required to self-screen every day, prior to the start of school day.
● Temperature checks will be conducted with all staff every morning as well as questionnaires.
● Teachers/staff displaying symptoms will not be allowed on campus. Teachers will only be allowed back with doctor’s clearance. Nurse will make a determination.
● Teachers/staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 must remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry. Teachers and staff must also report to the administration if they have had close contact with an individual who is lab-confirmed with COVID-19 as defined later in this document. They must remain off campus until the 14th day incubation period has passed.
● Training provided for parents through parental involvement on Covid-19 symptoms and safety protocols.
● Parents will need to fill out a symptom questionnaire prior to entering the building and undergo a temperature check.
● A parent who tested positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter the building.
● Temperature checks will be conducted for all visitors entering the building.
● Symptom questionnaires must be filled out.
● A visitor who has tested positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed in school buildings until they have met the criteria for reentry.
● Non-essential visitors will not be allowed in the building.
● Employees who work at the central office or CAB will be screened upon entering their work location and will not need to be re-screened when they visit the schools. If any central office or CAB employee reports directly to any of the school buildings, they will be required to undergo the screening at the visiting school.
- Athletics Protocols
- Campus Protocols
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols
- Closure Protocols
- Communication Protocols
- Emergency Drill Protocols
- Extracurricular Activities Protocols
- Fine Arts Protocols
- Health Services Protocols
- Infection Protocols
- Personnel Protective Equipment Protocols
- Physical Distancing Protocols
- Student Meals Protocols
- Staffing Protocols
- Technology Protocols
- Transportation Protocols