Many of the original Brownsville school buildings were built small, especially by
today’s standards. A six room school would not serve the educational needs of students in the 21st century. In 1929, six rooms were fine for the new East Brownsville Ward School. The facility, located at 22nd and Harrison Streets, served students from Victoria Addition and the Tomates Bend Section. It is now known as Reynaldo Longoria Elementary, named for the former principal after his death.