1998
Hubert R. Hudson Elementary
Hubert R. Hudson Elementary is located in the rapidly developing northern part of Brownsville. The school, opened in 1998, is named after two men, Hubert R. Hudson, Sr., and his son Hubert R. Hudson, Jr. Both Hudsons exuded a passion for life, reflected in multiple business pursuits, dedication to improving the world through political, charitable, religious, and educational institutions and attention to family. The school sits on what was once part of the Hudson farm which was donated by the family. Oscar Cantu, Sr. was the school’s first principal.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us