1992
Mary & Frank Yturria Elementary
Yturria Elementary is named for two people, husband and wife Frank and Mary Yturria. Located in the northwest section of Brownsville, this school opened in 1992. Longtime Brownsville residents, the Yturria Family has roots in the community, ranching, banking, and business, dating back to the 1800’s. Alma G. Garcia was the school’s first principal.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us