1979
Dr. Arnulfo Oliveira Middle School
1979 was the first year of operation for Land O’Lakes Intermediate School, named for its location on Land O’Lakes Drive. Sylvia L. Perez was the school’s first principal. The name of the school was soon changed to recognize the former President of Texas Southmost College, Dr. Arnulfo L. Oliveira. The Intermediate Regional School for the Deaf, located on the Oliveira campus, serves not only Brownsville students, but children from Cameron and Willacy Counties.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us