1974
Rosita Del Castillo Elementary
Located in the Southmost area of Brownsville, Del Castillo Elementary opened its doors in the Fall of 1974. The Board of Trustees unanimously decided to name the new school after Rosita del Castillo, a well-known Brownsville teacher and former principal of Webb Elementary. Del Castillo was one of three Brownsville public schools, along with Perez Elementary and Porter High School, completed in 1974. Manfredo del Castillo, Rosita's nephew, was the school's first principal.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us