1967
Homer Hanna High School
Brownsville High School students were in for a change when they returned to classes after a four-day Easter holiday in 1967. Waiting for the 2,500 students was a new campus located on Price Road. The new building featured multiple pods which enclosed 5 acres of land. The new high school campus quickly filled up, at one time accommodating over 5,000 students who attended school in split sessions. Arnulfo L. Oliveira was the principal. In 1974, the school’s name was changed from Brownsville High School to Hanna High School in honor of Brownsville administrator Homer Hanna. Daniel Breeden became principal of the newly named Hanna High School.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us