1931
Gertrude Sharp Elementary
Americans were working their way out of the Great Depression in 1931. In Brownsville, the plan to put our country back to work included the construction of another public school building. The Los Ebanos School was the result. This school was later named Gertrude Sharp Elementary in 1963 upon retirement of the school’s longtime principal.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us