1931
Resaca Elementary
Not all Brownsville schools are named for well known citizens or areas of the city. Resaca Elementary was opened in 1931 and named for the bodies of water often associated with Brownsville. An actual resaca was located east of the school until 1965. At that time, the Texas Department of Highways filled in the resaca as part of the construction of U.S. Expressway 77-83.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us