1921
Josephine Webb Elementary
Four rooms formed the classes at the Fourth Ward School, the third public school constructed in Brownsville in 1916. Five years later, two classrooms, an office, and a book room were added to the original structure. In 1956, the name of the school was changed to honor the longtime BISD teacher and principal, Josephine Webb, who taught in the public schools for over five decades.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us