1921
Emaline B. Russell Elementary
1916 was a busy year for Brownsville school construction. The second of three schools to be built that year was the West Brownsville School. This school would later be named for Brownsville teacher Emaline B. Russell. Records show that Mrs. Russell, though already an experienced teacher, received a county certificate to teach in 1912, four years before West Brownsville School opened.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us