1916
Central
Middle School
The first high school building in Brownsville was Brownsville High School built in 1916. This new school was considered one of the best that money could buy with the latest equipment and furniture. In 1927-28, an additional building for Brownsville High School/Junior College was built between the existing Brownsville High School and the Junior High School, now known as Clearwater Elementary. It later became Central Junior High School when Brownsville High School moved to a new location.
BISD Museum | 708 Palm Blvd. Rm. #116 | Brownsville, Texas 78520 | 956-698-1752 | hswilliams@bisd.us