The mission of the Special Programs Department is to improve student achievement by providing leadership and guidance in the implementation and evaluation of state and federal funded campus and district initiatives. The Special Programs department assists campuses and the District in their effort to increase student achievement through research-based strategies such as
• Improving teacher and principal quality through prescriptive professional development;
• Increasing the number of highly qualified teachers and administrators at the campus-level;
• Reducing the class-size at 5th grade;
• Acquiring valuable resources and materials in combination with research-based strategies to close the achievement of gap of the students most at-risk of not graduating; and
• Providing assistance to students and
their families who meet the eligibility criteria for the McKinney Vento Homeless Assistance Program.